AIM Research: Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) Lightning Talks
10:00 am -
U-M faculty, researchers and students will present their LAK Research from the Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) Conference (which took place April 12-16, 2021) in a lightning talk format. UMSI PhD student Heeryung Choi will present research on "Engineering Learning Analytics Technology Environments (ELATE): Understanding iteration between data and theory, and design and deployment."
The event is hosted by U-M's Center for Academic Innovation (CAI) and will feature a Zoom meeting style format. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in a short Q&A session after each lightning talk.
Register below to reserve your spot!
Each presenter will share a brief overview of their research in a lightning talk style format. See below for a list of presenters and topics.
- Analyzing the Efficacy of ECoach in Supporting Gateway Course Success Through Tailored Support. Presenter: Becky Matz (CAI)
- Engineering Learning Analytics Technology Environments (ELATE): Understanding iteration between data and theory, and design and deployment. Presenter: Heeryung Choi (UMSI)
- Detecting High Orders of Cognitive Complexity in Students’ Reasoning in Argumentative Writing About Ocean Acidification. Presenter: Blair Winograd (MIDAS) and Amber Dood (LSA)
- Who wins, who learns? Exploring gameful pedagogy as a technique to support student differences. Presenter: Caitlin Hayward (CAI)
- How Did You Get that A? Selectivity’s Role in Rising Undergraduate Grades at a Large Public University. Presenter: Gus Evrard (LSA)
AIM Research (formerly AIM Analytics) is a seminar series for researchers across U-M who are interested in research and learning analytics. The field of learning analytics is a multi- and interdisciplinary field that brings together researchers from education, the learning sciences, computational sciences and statistics, and all discipline-specific forms of educational inquiry.
The Center for Academic Innovation (CAI) is committed to ensuring that their meetings and events are accessible to all individuals. This event will be using Zoom. Contact Trevor Parnell, Event and Marketing Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or access needs.