Joyce and Wallace Bonk Office of Student Affairs
The School of Information has invested in a robust student affairs team to provide support for prospective, incoming, and current students in all UMSI degree programs. The UMSI Office of Student Affairs (OSA) reports to Beth Yakel, senior associate dean for academic affairs, and encompasses the following functions:
Admissions and Student Affairs:
Graduate and undergraduate program support
Recruiting and admissions
Registration and curriculum
Career advising and counseling
UMSI Internship Program
Professional and Community Engagement:
Engaged learning experience programs
Community engagement and social impact
Design clinic and consulting
Innovation and entrepreneurship
OSA Mission Statement
OSA supports UMSI students in achieving their educational and professional goals by facilitating student enrollment, retention, graduation, and career success. We accomplish this by:
- Aligning our work in support of the School’s mission and the mission of the University
- Providing excellence in service as we work with prospective and current students; as well as alumni, faculty, staff, and university colleagues
- Fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students in our diverse community
- Focusing on the needs of students as we strive to work effectively as a team and seek continuous improvement in the services and programs we offer
- Creating and implementing best practices from multiple professional fields that guide our work including Higher Education and Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Student Development, and Career Development
3360 North Quad
105 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285
Visit the OASA Staff page for further information about individual staff roles, responsibilities, and contact information, including online appointment scheduling links. OSA staff members are available from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, or by appointment after regular hours, if necessary.
If you are a prospective student and have questions about the admissions process or want to inquire about visiting UMSI, or if you are an applicant or admitted student with questions, please email using the following email addresses.
- BSI: email@example.com
- MSI: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MHI: email@example.com
- PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also Register with UMSI to receive notifications for events, information sessions, and much more!
Current students seeking academic advising should schedule an appointment with the primary academic advisor for their degree program.
BSI students: Visit the BSI Advising Canvas site.
MHI students: Visit the MHI Advising Canvas site to schedule an appointment.
Career Development Office
If you have questions about career development services including internships or the UMSI Internship Program, please email: email@example.com. For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit the Career Development Office webpage.
Engaged Learning Office
If you have questions about programs, consultation, or advising, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit the Engaged Learning Office webpage.
Registration and Curriculum
If you have questions about the curriculum, class registration, specialization changes, course waivers, transfer credits, or requesting a letter from UMSI, please email: email@example.com.