Joyce and Wallace Bonk Office of Student Affairs
The School of Information has invested in a robust student affairs team to work with prospective, incoming, and current students. The UMSI Office of Student Affairs (OSA) encompasses the following functions:
- Academic advising
- Class scheduling
- Class registration
- Skills enrichment programs
- Student group advising
- Career development and practical engagement
- Degree audit
- Graduation ceremonies
OSA assists students with personal concerns or problems, both directly and through referrals to campus services and resources. OSA conducts assessment and evaluation of services and work with students and faculty to develop new programs and initiatives. The UMSI Office of Student Affairs reports to Judy Lawson, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs. OSA directly supports the master’s and doctoral program at SI and participates in supporting the undergraduate Informatics concentration.
OSA mission statement
Student Affairs at the School of Information supports UMSI students in achieving their educational and professional goals by facilitating student enrollment, retention, graduation, and career success. We accomplish this by:
- Aligning our work in support of the School’s mission and the mission of the University
- Providing excellence in service as we work with prospective and current students; as well as alumni, faculty, staff, and university colleagues
- Fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students in our diverse community
- Focusing on the needs of students as we strive to work effectively as a team and seek continuous improvement in the services and programs we offer
- Creating and implementing best practices from multiple professional fields that guide our work including Higher Education and Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Student Development, and Career Development
UMSI Student Affairs staff members are available from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, or by appointment after regular hours, if necessary.
School of Information
University of Michigan
Office of Student Affairs
3360 North Quad
105 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285
Visit the OSA Staff page for further information about individual staff roles, responsibilities, and contact information.
If you are a prospective student and have questions about the admissions process or want to inquire about visiting UMSI, or if you are an applicant or admitted student with questions, please email: email@example.com. You can also Register with UMSI to receive notifications for events, information sessions, and much more!
If you have questions about career development services including internships or the Practical Engagement Program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the curriculum, class registration, specialization changes, course waivers, transfer credits, or requesting a letter from UMSI, please email: email@example.com.