The UMSI Career Development Office offers you a wealth of career resources to assist in your career development. We offer you a comprehensive job search toolkit, resources to explore and pursue specific career paths, as well as the most effective and relevant job boards to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to navigate a successful job search now and for a lifetime.
Job search toolkit
Access job search presentation slides and guides developed by our office to help you prepare and navigate an effective job search.
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Resume minimum requirements
- Resume and cover letter writing guide
- Interviewing for success
- How to find a part-time job
- LinkedIn and your job search
- Networking for introverts
- Career fair prep
- Out in your job search
- LGBTQ career resources
- Students with disabilities career resources
- Additional resources for students with disabilities
Salary Negotiations: Resources to Determine Your Worth
Career Resources for International Students
- U.S. Job Search for International Students: Learn about employment authorizations, options to work in the U.S, including OPT and CPT timelines and requirements.
- Companies Hiring UMSI International Graduates: Identify organizations that actively recruit & hire UMSI international students for jobs and internships.
- Goinglobal.com H1B Search: Search for the companies that petitioned for H1B visas in the past year. Click on Goinglobal, then H1B Info, then H1B Plus.
- USA Career Guides: Identify H1B companies by state.
- U-M International Center: Receive comprehensive advising regarding employment options, discover career resources, attend U.S. job search workshops, and find support through social events.
Career information resources
Review career outcomes and job market information for:
- Bachelor of Science in Information
- Master of Science in Information
- Master of Health Informatics
- PhD in Information
Whatever your degree level and focus, you can access comprehensive resources to explore and pursue the career pathways that await you. While these resources are organized by the broad range of UMSI career paths, they will also be useful to PhD students who are seeking non-academic opportunities.