How your gift helps
The annual Stewardship Report from the Office of Development & Alumni Relations reports on how UMSI has used your gifts in the last year.
Thanks to your generous support, we have been able to:
- Provide 30% of SI students with scholarship and financial aid packages (merit and need-based) totaling over $1.3 million annually.
- Enable over 100 students to participate in Alternative Spring Break in 4 cities and over 45 sites.
- Provide over 500 career development counseling sessions per year and more than 40 workshops to our students, resulting in 100% of Ph.D. graduates finding employment in their research field of choice and 84% of MSI graduates finding employment within 6 months of graduation
- Provide 250 Practical Engagement Program internships annually
- Support 14 student groups and professional organizations
- Underwrite expoSItion to promote the information profession and the work SI students do to employers, prospective students, peers, and the U-M community.
- Equip SI’s new state of the art home, North Quad, with over $200,000 worth of the latest classroom and meeting/conference technology to maximize the student experience.