Project Exposition and Showcases
Each year the School of Information hosts three public-facing events:
- Summer Poster Fair (August)
- Fall Student Project Showcase (December)
- Annual Student Project Exposition (April)
At these events, School of Information students will share posters, presentations and videos of course and co-curricular projects, internships and research. These events provide an opportunity for community and corporate partners to learn more about the types of work students do at the School of Information. Additionally, partners are able to learn about potential areas in which to focus future client-based project proposals within courses and programs at the School of Information, or consider hiring a student if they have relevant open positions.
While the summer and fall events are centered around celebrating student project work from the summer and fall semesters respectively, the Annual Student Project Exposition in April aims to bring our community together and acknowledge student work throughout the entire academic year. The Annual Exposition is the culminating event where students from around the School present projects from capstones, mastery courses, and other courses and programs. Guests also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite student projects, and students win monetary prizes for their best work.
See links to our past project expositions below to get an idea of the work our students present. Sponsorship opportunities are available for clients interested in heightened visibility and a deeper connection with the School of Information. Partner benefits can include naming an award and additional branding opportunities within the event space or platform (if virtual). For questions about the event or to express interest in sponsoring a future event, please contact [email protected].
- 2021 Annual Student Project Exhibition Program
- 2020 Annual Student Project Exhibition Program
- 2019 Fall Student Project Showcase Program
- 2019 Annual Student Project Exposition Program
- Appropriate Technology Collaborative, Gale, A Cengage Company Best Project Award
- Cloud Account Fraud Prevention, Comerica BSI Final Project Award
- CHAI - Community Health Access Initiative for LGBTQIA+ Youth, UMSI Office of DEI Diversity Equity and Inclusion Award
- Polaris, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award
- BankBlack USA Minority Owned Bank Dashboard, Community Engagement Award
- Developing a Museum Digital Preservation Policy and Plan, Faculty Choice Award
- To view more past winners and honorable mentions, visit our Student Exposition website