Julia Adler-Milstein is an Assistant Professor at the School of Information with a joint appointment in the School of Public Health (Health Management and Policy). Her research focuses on policy and management issues related to the use of IT in healthcare delivery. Her expertise is in health information exchange and she has conducted five national surveys of health information organizations. She also studies the productivity and efficiency of electronic health records. Julia graduated with a PhD in Health Policy from Harvard University. Prior to graduate school, she worked at the Center for IT Leadership at Partners Healthcare in Boston and in the Health and Life Sciences Division of Accenture.
Areas of interest
- Adoption and use of information technology to improve hospital performance
- Assessing readiness, achievement and impact of HITECH Act Stage 3 care coordination criteria
- Annual report on the adoption and use of health information technology in the U.S.
- Health information exchange measurement for situational awareness
- Effect of health information technology on healthcare provider communication
- Understanding health IT-enabled performance improvement for older adults