UMSI Service Week
What is Service Week?
UMSI Service Week is a week-long event dedicated to service in the local community. The entire UMSI community is invited to engage with the community by working on identified service projects throughout the week in non-profit organizations around the Ann Arbor area. These projects levy a wide range of skills from the UMSI community, from painting and archiving to cleaning and quick usability analysis. It's a fun and exciting event, and we need YOU to make it happen!
The entire UMSI community (faculty, staff, students and alumni) is welcome to participate.
If you have some work that needs to get done, and could be completed by a small or larger group of volunteers, consider UMSI's Service Week as an option. Projects could range from one to four hours, during any number of days during the Service Week.
Look for our project submission form coming this fall to submit a project.
Role 1: Planning Committee Member
- Planning and logistics associated with the event
- Inviting organizations around Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti to participate in UMSI Service as a host site
- Serving as a liaison between partner organizations and Site Leaders to communicate service needs
- Identifying and inviting a keynote speaker for the day of the event
Role 2: Site Leader
- Coordinating a team of students, faculty, and staff at one particular location for the entire Service Day, including organizing transportation and understanding and communicating project needs
- Serving as a point person and team leader between a partner organization and UMSI teams
For more details, please contact Alissa Talley-Pixley.