Application fee waiver
The University of Michigan Health Informatics program recognizes and offers a number of application fee waivers.
Prospective students who verify their participation with one of the following groups do not have to pay the MHI application fee of $75. Each fee waiver is subject to approval. Verification should be submitted to email@example.com.
In the application, applicants must indicate which fee waiver they are eligible for and must submit proper verification. Applications lacking proper documentation will not be processed until documentation is received.
Membership in one of these groups will earn you a fee waiver:
- Active duty or veteran service members
- McNair Scholars
- Project 1000
- Leadership Alliance
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Drew Scholars
- University of Michigan Blavin Scholars
- U-M SPH Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) alumni
- U-M Future Public Health Leaders Program (FPHLP) alumni
- U-M Certificate in the Foundations of Public Health (CFPH) alumni or on track to complete certificate before admitting term begins
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation – Summer Research Opportunity Programs (CIC)
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program (GMS)
- Current full-time volunteer (e.g., Vista/Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteer)
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs)
- AmeriCorps alumni
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Post-Baccalaureate Research and Education Program (PREP)
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair)
- Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD)
- Latin American Scholarship Programs of American Universities (LASPAU)
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) participant
- U-M Exchange Program — University of Freiburg in Germany and University of Seville in Spain
- i3 Scholars
- GEM Fellow
If you are a member of one of the above organizations, you will be required to upload proof of eligibility with your online application, such as a letter that verifies your participation. If students pay the application fee, it will not be refunded even if they are approved for the fee waiver. Fee waivers are provided with approval for the Health Informatics program only. One fee waiver is allowed per applicant.