Professional Practice Fellows Program
The UMSI Professional Practice Fellows Program (PPFP) is a highly selective program providing an opportunity for top UMSI students to gain hands-on experience and training in professional practice, leadership, and academic exploration.
Students who are selected are offered:
- a full tuition scholarship for four terms
- a Professional Practice Assistantship to take place during the academic year for 4 terms. Assistantships will require 15-20 hours of work per week, and will be paid positions.
- connection to a UMSI faculty and/or alumni mentor
- health benefits
- a conference travel stipend
- a stipend for a new laptop
- leadership and professional development support
These combined experiences will create a premiere educational opportunity for students in the fellows program, leading to a robust and complete portfolio and network upon graduation.
Professional Practice Fellows are nominated by the admissions committee during the admissions process. Read more about the first cohort of Professional Practice Fellows.