Guidelines and process for completing the certificate project
What is the XR Certificate Project?
- The XR Certificate Project is a requirement for students completing the XR Certificate.
- It can be a project, report or presentation.
- It must be primarily focused on one or more XR experiences or technologies.
- It does not need to be a new project/report/presentation - you are welcome to use projects that you’ve completed or are currently completing for courses, internships etc.
- The project will be reviewed by 2 faculty “readers.”
- Your certificate project must be reviewed and approved by 2 faculty “readers.”
- Your faculty readers should have expertise and familiarity with XR.
- You are responsible for identifying 2 faculty readers who have agreed to review your certificate project.
- At least one of the faculty readers must be from the approved list of affiliated XR Certificate faculty members.
Proposing a Project
- Once you have identified and received commitments from 2 faculty readers who approve your certificate project, you must submit your proposed project for review to the XR Committee.
- The proposal must contain the following:
- Name/contact information for your 2 faculty readers (Your readers will be contacted by the committee to verify their approval of your project).
- Outline of the work that will be/has been performed
- Expected or final outcomes
- Relationship of the planned work to XR technologies/concepts
- Format/criteria for deliverables
Criteria for Proposal Approval
- Your project proposal will be reviewed by your faculty readers to affirm the following:
- The project proposal is primarily focused on one or more XR experiences/technologies
- The project demonstrates creative, original work
- The project represents a level of work commensurate with at least 20% of a typical 3-credit graduate course.
- The project is likely to be successfully completed by the student within an acceptable timeframe
- All of this information should be submitted via the Certificate Project Proposal Approval Form.
Submitting your Project
- When your project has been completed, you will submit/present it to your chosen readers.
- Your faculty readers will review your project and determine if it has met the deliverables that were outlined in your proposal.
- You will be permitted to make revisions if your readers determine that the project does not meet the deliverables in your proposal.
- Once your readers have approved your completed final project, you must complete the Certificate Project Completion Form.
- Your readers will be contacted by the XR Committee to verify completion.