User Experience Research and Design
Individuals interested in the growing field of user experience research and design can now earn more comprehensive certification or enhance their professional knowledge by taking one or more courses in this online MicroMasters program. Coursework may also be applied toward an advanced degree at the University of Michigan School of Information.
The nine courses in this MicroMasters provide an introduction to the field and teach students how to better understand user needs and how human behavior impacts the experience. Courses take online learners through usability testing, design principles and approaches to research on user experience.
The free, individual self-paced courses in the program:
- Introduction to User Experience
- Understanding User Needs
- Principles of Designing for Humans
- Evaluating Designs with Users
- UX Design: From Concept to Wireframe
- UX Design: From Wireframe to Prototype
- UX Research Surveys
- UX Research at Scale: Analytics and Online
- UX Capstone ($249 fee for capstone and course completion certificate; other courses are free)
For more information and to register, visit edX.org.
Article: MicroMasters, Next big thing after Bachelor’s Degree?