Funding Your Impact
Professional and community engagement is supported by a strong commitment from UMSI to develop opportunities for students to apply their skills - locally and globally - to advance the public good. Students pursuing projects with these areas of focus can receive dedicated support through grant-supported scholarships and fellowships. Choose any of the links below to learn more and apply for funding opportunities:
- Community Engagement Project Grants: UMSI Community Engagement Projects grants are designed to support students, who wish to engage in partnership with community organizations on information projects that will enhance their work through the implementation of information tools, methods and applications.
- Non-profit and social impact Internship Grants: Non-profit and social impact Internship Grants are designed to support students who wish to participate in internships with community organizations that are unable to provide financial support. The purpose of the grant is ultimately to support students who are doing work that is in direct alignment with serving the community. This would be done through the development and implementation of professional activities that directly affect underserved populations, work that allows for lasting change, creates equity in the world, or has significant positive impact on society.
- International Internship Grants: UMSI International Internship grants are designed to support students who wish to participate in internships or conduct practical-based research abroad.
- Field Entrepreneurship and Innovation Award: Information forthcoming
- Weiser iEntrepreneur of the Year: Information forthcoming