Applying for graduation
If you would like to have your name included in the official University of Michigan Winter 2019 Commencement Program, the deadline to apply to graduate in Wolverine Access is October 25th. Applications will be accepted until the last day of classes of the term in which the student plans to graduate, although the student's name will likely not appear in the commencement program.
Please use the following navigation steps below to apply for graduation in Wolverine Access:
- Go to wolverineaccess.umich.edu.
- Click on the Students tab.
- Click on the Student Business link.
- Log in with Uniqname and Kerberos password.
- Click on Student Center.
- Under the Academics Section, look for the drop down and it will say "Other academic...".
- Click on the arrow pointing down in this field.
- If you are eligible to apply for graduation, the Academic Program(s) will be listed on the “Apply for Graduation” page. If the correct academic program, degree, major, concentration, or minor is not displayed, contact email@example.com. Note: If you are applying for graduation in more than one Academic Program, you will need to complete separate applications for each.
- Hover over the icon with the double arrows pointing to the right. Click it.
- Select the Academic Program in which you are applying for graduation by clicking on the hyperlink.
- Choose your expected graduation term from the drop down menu. If the expected graduation term does not appear, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make any changes in how you want your name to appear on the diploma and click “Continue”.
- Enter optional information on familial alumni relations to the University. Once you have entered all of the information you would like to submit, click “Continue”.
- Click “Submit Application”.
To view your online degree audit, use the following navigation: Wolverine Access > Students > Student Business > Log In > Student Center > Click on “other academic…” drop down > Click on “Academic Requirements” > Click on “detail report pdf”. See here for a step-by-step guide.
If you have any questions about your online degree audit, please email email@example.com.
If you are completing one or more minors, please contact your minor department(s) to request a minor release. If your minor department has released your minor, we will process the minor releases along with our graduation application after your final term. You will see this reflected in your final transcript in May.
If you are a dual degree student, you must apply for graduation from each degree program. All degree requirements for both academic units must be fulfilled. You must earn both degrees simultaneously. If requirements for either degree are not met, neither degree will be awarded.
MSI and MHI Dual Degree Students:
Students completing a self-initiated dual degree must complete a dual degree election form. Please submit your form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com no later than March 1st to have it signed by an academic advisor. Note: students completing an established dual degree program (MSI/MBA, MSI/MSW, MSI/JD) are NOT required to complete a dual degree election form.
After applying for graduation, please contact Allison Sweet, Graduate Programs Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Allison will work with you to ensure that you have met your degree requirements and completed all required steps for graduation.
Students do not receive an official diploma during commencement, which allows students to walk if they still have requirements under review.
Official diplomas will be mailed six to eight weeks after you graduate to the permanent address you provided on the blue diploma application. Any questions regarding your diploma after graduation should be directed to the Transcripts, Certifications, and Diploma Office at (734) 763-9066 or emailed to email@example.com.