PhD student funding
All PhD students in the School of Information are guaranteed funding contingent on successful academic performance and progress toward your degree. This support includes tuition and stipend for fall and winter terms and year-round health benefits as long as you’re making progress toward your degree. Funding also includes a stipend for one summer term. Additional summer funding may be available, particularly if you work on grant-funded research.
For other financial aid, such as loans and grants, contact the University of Michigan Office of Financial Aid (734-763-6600). In addition, the Rackham Fellowships Office (734-764-8119) has information on fellowships and scholarships from outside agencies.
Sign up for our interest list and receive:
- Invitations to exclusive information sessions and events
- The opportunity to chat with current students
- More in-depth information about the doctoral program
- Tips and advice for creating a successful application
- Reminders for important deadlines