Master of Applied Data Science
Data science at the intersection of humanity and technology
As systems and structures in almost every industry expand, sophisticated data collection, analysis and dissemination demands increase. How, when, where and why society uses data continues to evolve. As we prepare for new jobs and bolster existing ones, we grapple with questions on the ethics of data use. In other words, how can we put data to work across a wide breadth of industries and organizations for human good?
Practical, flexible and rigorous study in data science
The University of Michigan School of Information is pleased to offer a fully online master’s program in applied data science. We teach comprehensive applied data science at the intersection of people and technology. We provide critical insight into data collection, computation and analytics, then teach you how to present the information and solutions you find. You’ll develop hands-on skills using a multidisciplinary approach embedded in information, computer science and statistics. Coursework and projects focus on applying data science to real-world problems, and you will have an end-to-end data science project for your portfolio upon completion of your degree. For more information on our program and its admissions criteria, we invite you to join our interest list.
(Video playlist: Graduates of the Master of Applied Data Science answer questions about what it's like to be in the online program.)
- Is a remote program an "all by yourself" program?
- Can I do this program even if I have young children?
- Can I manage this program and my full-time job?
- What if I don't have a background in programming?
- What if I've been out of school for awhile?
- How can this program enhance an established career?
Learn more about the Master of Applied Data Science online program
Sign up for our interest list and receive:
- Invitations to exclusive information sessions and events
- The opportunity to chat with current students
- More in-depth information about the MADS program
- Tips and advice for creating a successful application
- Reminders for important deadlines