Nominate a UMSI staff member for the Outstanding Staff Recognition Award
The School of Information today announced that nominations have opened for the 9th annual Outstanding Staff Recognition Award. This award may be given annually to a UMSI staff member who contributed in an outstanding way to advancing the UMSI mission. This may be accomplished in various ways, for example by exhibiting exemplary work qualities, solving challenging problems, demonstrating the willingness to always go the extra mile, or fostering the collaboration of others.
What will the recipient receive:
- Cash Award of $500 (after taxes)
- Name recognition on a service award plaque
- An individualized engraved award to display
- Recognition at a School of Information staff meeting
When are nominations due: August 10, 2020
Eligibility: All regular (non-temporary) staff (full-time or part-time) in the School (except those serving on the selection committee listed below).
Criteria: Consideration will be given to nominees who have made significant contributions or demonstrated special qualities and attributes, in service of the UMSI mission. Candidates may include staff who:
- Excel in work performance
- Regularly exhibit a willingness to help others, above and beyond normal duties
- Exhibit unusually strong commitment, dependability or reliability in their work
- Demonstrate unusual ability to problem solve or effectively manage change
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with internal and external customers
- Build collaborative and cooperative partnerships with other colleagues
Who can nominate: All members of the School’s community (students, faculty, staff and alumni) can submit nominations.
How can you nominate: Nominators should complete the online form found here
Who will serve on the selection committee: The chair of the committee will be one of the School’s senior management team members and they will serve on an alphabetical, rotating basis. In addition, the award winners from last year will serve on the selection committee. If you are on the committee, you cannot be nominated for the award. Thus, the 2019-2020 Staff Award Selection Committee will be Todd Ayotte (Chair), Jacques Chestnut, and Nickie Rowsey.
Questions? Please contact the selection committee chair, Todd Ayotte, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions