Areas of interest
I have a broad interest in real world problems related to text information management. My research focuses on information retrieval and text mining, with applications in web, social media, scientific literature, bioinformatics, and health informatics. I also have a strong interest in machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, and social network analysis. To know more about my research, please see my personal site.
- Integrative and in situ information retrieval and mining in online communities
- The role of social identity in online microfinancing
- Assessing information credibility without authoritative sources
- Developing an intelligent, socially-oriented search recommendation service for electronic health records
- Wordsmith in the cloud: refining language models using web-scale language networks
- Detecting early signatures of persuasion in information cascades