UMSI supports students throughout their time at UMSI. We offer resources to help you de-stress, learn how to fund your degree, develop your academic skills and more. For more information and access to these resources, current students should refer to their Academic Advising Canvas site.
Programming and events
UMSI's Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA) hosts monthly academic success programs such as the Lunch and Learn series and the semester-end De-Stress Fests. These free events cover topics ranging from holistic wellness to academic skills development. OASA academic success programming is open to all UMSI students.
UMSI peer-to-peer tutors
The OASA can connect you with students who provide peer-to-peer tutoring. Tutors are current students in good academic standing who want to help their fellow UMSI community members.
Financial aid, academic skills development, accommodation support
The OASA helps students navigate the numerous resources available to them at the University of Michigan, including advice on program funding, support services on campus and finding a place to live.
The university also provides a wide range of services that students can access directly.
These resources include:
- Academic writing
- International student support
- Academic resources
- Technology resources
- Counseling and psychological services
- Health and wellness programs
Sign up for our interest list and receive:
- Invitations to exclusive information sessions and events
- The opportunity to chat with current students
- More in-depth information about our degree programs
- Tips and advice for creating a successful application
- Reminders for important deadlines