Skip to main content

University of Michigan School of Information


UMSI Student Care Report and Student Support Resources

Please submit the UMSI Student Care Report form if you are aware of a UMSI student that needs additional support for a non-urgent concern, including but not limited to academic difficulty, well-being concerns, tutoring support and/or connection to university resources.

The UMSI Academic Programs and Student Life Team will work directly with the student to provide appropriate support resources. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]

For emergencies, please support the student in getting help via the contact numbers below. 

  • 911: For any emergency or safety situation
  • 734-763-1131: For non-emergency safety issues, call the UM Division of Public Safety (DPS recommends you have this number programmed into your cell phone)
  • 734-764-8312 (24 hour line): For a student needing urgent mental health assistance, UM Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Students can call (734-764-8312) or stop in (Michigan Union 4th Floor) to request same-day urgent/crisis support during CAPS normal hours.  For urgent/crisis needs when CAPS is not open, students can access CAPS After Hours.
  • 734-996-4747: after hours Psychiatric emergency number at the UM Hospital
  • 734-936-3333 (24 hour line): UM Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center provides a wide array of support services for survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, sexual harassment and gender-based harassment

If this situation involves potential sexual and gender-based misconduct or discrimination, please fill out an Equity, Civil Rights, and Title IX Office incident report form. The University strongly encourages the prompt reporting of these types of allegations. For additional information, including confidential and non-confidential resources, please visit this website. Both the CAPS and SAPAC offices are confidential offices, where students can work with counselors confidentially. Both offices can provide support to students in a variety of ways, including helping students navigate options for academic or employment concerns. 

Students reporting incidents of bias can be referred to Assistant Dean Judy Lawson ([email protected]) and/or Devon Keen ([email protected]), Director of Inclusion, Equity, and Outreach. Another option for students to report a campus climate concern is online at Learn more about DEI feedback and reporting.