Hello! I am a final-year Ph.D. candidate at the School of Information, University of Michigan, advised by Prof. VG Vinod Vydiswaran. I also worked with Prof. Qiaozhu Mei between 2015-2020, and Prof. Daniel M. Romero between 2018-2020.
I am actively searching for research positions in industry, as well as postdoctoral and faculty positions in academia. If you are aware of any openings, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank you!
I primarily working on Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. My recent research focuses on below topics:
- Self-Supervised Representation Learning (contrastive learning).
- Historical Language Change (such as semantic shift).
- Robustness of ML models (backdoor attack and defense of LLMs).
- Diffusion Models for Non-Autoregressive Generation.
- Knowledge Distillation (from advanced black-box LLM to small models).
Areas of interest
Text Representation Learning, Generative AI
Honors & Awards
EMNLP Student Travel Grant, 2023.
SIGIR Student Travel Grant, 2018.
Honored bachelor degree in Computer Science from Chu Kochen Honors College, Zhejiang University in 2017