DR. MICHELLE AEBERSOLD is a Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator and a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing. She is currently an XR Faculty Innovator in Residence through the University of Michigan XR Initiative at the Center for Academic Innovation. Dr. Aebersold has extensive experience in using a variety of simulation learning methods including Extended Realities to improve the care of patients through caregiver education and training. She has developed the Simulation Model to Improve Learner and Health Outcomes (SMILHO).
Areas of interest
- XR-Mixed, Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Serious Games
- Quality and Safety
- Teamwork and Communication Training
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, 2015
- Certified Simulation Health Care Educator, 2015
- Excellence in Research, Midwest Nursing Research Society Systems Research Interest Group, 2016
- Excellence in Research: Advancing Research in the Field of Nursing Simulation & Clinical Laboratories-International Association of Clinical Simulation and Nursing (INACSL)
- SSH Presidential Citation – Knowledge Map Task Force-Development of an Interactive Research Map, Society for Simulation in Healthcare, 2020.
PhD in Nursing
MSBA in Business
BSN in Nursing