While students join the BSI program as a junior or senior, you can select the Preferred Admissions program as a freshman applicant to the University of Michigan through the Common Application. This guarantees you a place in the BSI program after you are admitted to the University of Michigan, provided that you maintain admissions requirements during your first two years. Admitted and first semester U-M students can still qualify for preferred admission status. Students can reach out to email@example.com to indicate their interest in the preferred admit program.
Interested in learning more about the BSI? Join our interest list.
Fall 2023 BSI Application is open! Click Here to begin or return to your application.
The deadline for preferred admit students to apply is Dec. 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Preferred Admissions criteria for the BSI program
Select the Preferred Admissions option for the BSI as part of your freshman application. Once admitted to the University of Michigan, you’re in! When you’re admitted to the Preferred Admissions program, you will complete the requirements below in your sophomore year to be eligible for the early cross-campus application deadline of December 1. Note that preferred admissions may be limited based on capacity.
(Students not meeting the requirements below can apply through the normal cross-campus transfer application process, which has a deadline of February 1.)
Preferred admissions requirements for enrolling in the BSI after admission
Those with preferred admission can apply by December 1 and must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
Earn a minimum overall 3.3 GPA
- Complete all prerequisite courses (SI 106, SI 110, Stats 250 and your first-year writing course) with a B grade or better (you may be enrolled in one or more prereqs in the Fall term you are applying)
Earn a minimum of 54 credits and sophomore standing
Attend a BSI information session
- Apply by the early cross-campus application deadline of December 1
Sign up for our interest list and receive:
- Invitations to exclusive information sessions and events
- The opportunity to chat with current students
- More in-depth information about the BSI program
- Tips and advice for creating a successful application
- Reminders for important deadlines