Clifton Strengths: Restorative, Harmony, Developer, Empathy, Responsibility
How I Identify: cis-gendered female, white, able-bodied, partner, daughter, sister and aunt
Hobbies: Hiking, walking, binge watching, crafting, houseplants
As Assistant Director, I provide strategic oversight and management for our career advising team and the UMSI Internship Program. Additionally, I am the primary career advisor for MADS students, facilitate a variety of career education workshops, and instruct several career and internship courses. I’m passionate about working in collaboration with students to clarify career goals and identify practical next steps that will allow them to proceed in a successful job or internship search. I strive to create welcoming inclusive spaces for students to bring their authentic selves while ensuring our services and resources are accessible to all UMSI students.
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/in/dunnkat3), find me on WeChat (katiedunn), or message me on Slack!
- Career Education for All: Making Career Courses Required, National Career Development Association Conference (NCDA), Houston, TX – 2019
- Diverse Approaches to International Internships for Graduate Students, Global Internship Conference, Detroit, MI – 2018
- Developing an Inclusive Internship Program, iSchool International Conference, Wuhan, China – 2017
- Integrated Life Planning for Graduate Students, College Student Educators International Conference (ACPA), Montreal, Canada – 2016
- A Collaborative Approach to Student Leadership Programs, UM Advising Conference, Ann Arbor, MI – 2015
- An Analysis of International Students’ Learning Portfolios , Association for Authentic, Experiential, and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) Midwest Conference, Ann Arbor, MI – 2014
Honors and Awards
UMSI Outstanding Staff Award, 2016
B.A. in Communication, Michigan State University
M.A. in Educational Leadership, Eastern Michigan University
Gallup Trained Strengths Coac