Opportunities for employers
Our online recruitment system can help you find qualified candidates for open positions. Post jobs and internships at any time for free.
Employers: Log in to iTrack.
First-time users: Register for an account in iTrack.
Forgot your password? Reset.
Design your own plan
The Career Development Office offers employers a recruiting strategy tailored to meet each organization’s unique needs through the following:
- Current/active recruiting
- Future recruiting
- Student engagement
We will work one-on-one with you to develop a campus presence and craft a recruitment strategy that delivers highly qualified candidates for the positions you seek to fill.
We encourage employers to build a strong presence at the School of Information through a combination of activities.
- Information sessions*: Share information and promote your organization to a group of students.
- Formal and/or mock interviews*
- Portfolio and/or resume reviews*: Meet one-on-one with students to give feedback on their job search materials.
- Office hours: Answer students' questions while promoting your organization.
- Career fair: Promote, network and recruit at our annual career fair.
- Student engagement jams: Lead a design jam, data jam or archives blitz with students. Gain insight and solutions to real information challenges while evaluating student talent.
- Your own company day: Design a half- or full-day of customized on-campus activities.
Sample company day
9-10 a.m.: Office hours
10-12 p.m.: Portfolio/resume reviews
12-1 p.m.: Information session
1-5 p.m.: Interviews
6-8 p.m.: Design jam
Can’t visit campus? These services are available for virtual/remote participation.
- Recruitment system (iTrack): Post jobs and internships any time, at no cost.
- Resume books: Gain access to a customized collection of resumes.
- Career Insider: Host a group of students at your location for greater insight into your organization and work culture.
- Client-based course projects: A team of UMSI students adopt your information project for a semester and work with you to provide solutions.
Prime recruiting times
JANUARY-MARCH: Internship recruiting • Full-time job recruiting (some industries) • Career fair participation • On-campus recruiting • Student engagement activities
MAY-AUGUST: Full-time summer internships
SEPTEMBER-NOVEMBER: Full-time job recruiting • Internship recruiting (some industries) • Brand-building • On-campus recruiting • Student engagement
SEPTEMBER-MARCH: Job postings • Reviewing resume books
Top sectors where UMSI graduates are working
Technology • Financial services/ banking • Consulting • Health care • Higher education • Government • Marketing • Museums/nonprofits