Opportunities for employers
Our online recruitment system can help you find qualified candidates for open positions. Post jobs and internships at any time for free.
Design your own plan
The Career Development Office offers employers a recruiting strategy tailored to meet each organization’s unique needs through the following:
- Current/active recruiting
- Future recruiting
- Student engagement
We will work one-on-one with you to develop a campus presence and craft a recruitment strategy that delivers highly qualified candidates for the positions you seek to fill.
We encourage employers to build a strong presence at the School of Information through a combination of activities.
- Information sessions*: Share information and promote your organization to a group of students.
- Formal and/or mock interviews*
- Portfolio and/or resume reviews*: Meet one-on-one with students to give feedback on their job search materials.
- Office hours: Answer students' questions while promoting your organization.
- Career fair: Promote, network and recruit at our annual career fair.
- Student engagement jams: Lead a design jam, data jam or archives blitz with students. Gain insight and solutions to real information challenges while evaluating student talent.
- Your own company day: Design a half- or full-day of customized on-campus activities.
Sample company day
9-10 a.m.: Office hours
10-12 p.m.: Portfolio/resume reviews
12-1 p.m.: Information session
1-5 p.m.: Interviews
6-8 p.m.: Design jam
Can’t visit campus? These services are available for virtual/remote participation.
- Recruitment system (iTrack): Post jobs and internships any time, at no cost.
- Resume books: Gain access to a customized collection of resumes.
- Career Insider: Host a group of students at your location for greater insight into your organization and work culture.
- Client-based course projects: A team of UMSI students adopt your information project for a semester and work with you to provide solutions.
Prime recruiting times
JANUARY-MARCH: Internship recruiting • Full-time job recruiting (some industries) • Career fair participation • On-campus recruiting • Student engagement activities
MAY-AUGUST: Full-time summer internships
SEPTEMBER-NOVEMBER: Full-time job recruiting • Internship recruiting (some industries) • Brand-building • On-campus recruiting • Student engagement
SEPTEMBER-MARCH: Job postings • Reviewing resume books
Top sectors where UMSI graduates are working
Technology • Financial services/ banking • Consulting • Health care • Higher education • Government • Marketing • Museums/nonprofits
Get started recruiting today!
For more information or for a recruiting consultation, contact [email protected].